The Imperial Valley Vegetable Growers Association in cooperation with our members in the produce and other related industries are providing various scholarships in the range of $500 to $1,000 and some smaller scholarships. The purpose of these scholarships is to assist students from the Imperial Valley who wish to continue their studies in agriculturally related majors. This is done with the hope that those students will then return to benefit the industry through their studies.
- Each of these scholarships will receive matching funds from the Imperial County Ag Benefit Fund, subject to the approval of the Imperial County Board of Supervisors.
- One application will be used for the all various scholarships.
- This scholarship is only awarded to students attending a four-year college and who are pursuing careers in agriculture through a recognized agricultural major.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.3 for high school senior; 3.0 for college student based on 4.0 grade point average system.
- Applications for 2019-2020 school year will be accepted as early as January 31, 2019.
Ed mcgrew scholarship Requirements
Whereas, Ed McGrew was a founding members on the Imperial Valley Vegetable Growers Association and has served on the board since its foundation. And whereas, Ed McGrew has spent his life working in the industry of agriculture; And whereas, Ed McGrew has served as an ambassador for agriculture through his work in the community; And whereas, Ed McGrew attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and excelled in all aspects of the experience, including serving as the Associated Student Body President; And whereas, Ed McGrew always displayed a willingness to explore new frontiers in the industry; The Imperial Valley Vegetable Growers Association designates The Ed McGrew Scholarship, which will be awarded along with the Imperial Valley Vegetable Growers Association scholarship awards to a deserving student who displays the following attributes, exemplified by Ed McGrew:
- Will be attending Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
Has worked in the industry.
Demonstrates an understanding that the community is benefited by agriculture and agriculture by the community.
Displays a willingness to explore new frontiers and opportunities in agriculture.
Therefore be it resolved that the Imperial Valley Vegetable Growers Association commends Ed McGrew for a lifetime of work in our industry and for his steadfast support of our organization.
Scholarship Scoring Breakdown
(1) Major (Agricultural)
(2) Grade point average 25
(3) Scholastic achievements 10
(4) Extra-curricular & community activities 20
(5) Financial need 20
(6) Oral interview 25
TOTAL POINTS 100
Please return completed application to:
Imperial Valley Vegetable Growers Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 358
El Centro, CA 92244
Thank you for your interest in our industry and our scholarships!